Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Faux Tile Toille


Here's another card for this month's faux tile technique class. For the tiled background I started with a piece of barely banana card stock. I used my paper trimmer with a scoring blade to create the tile pattern. Rather than using square tiles, I created more of a subway tile pattern with .5"x.75" tiles. I used more mustard ink to stamp the Bella Toille background on the barely banana card stock. I then sponged some so saffron ink over the top to give the tile a little more depth. I added an old olive mat and adhered the tiled background to a more mustard card base.
I stamped the image form the Dream Du Jour set on whisper white card stock in basic brown ink and colored it in using more mustard, so saffron and old olive stampin' write markers. I sponged some so saffron ink along the edges of the card stock before adhering it to a chocolate chip mat. For decoration, I added a tab made with the new Old Olive striped grosgrain ribbon and attached it to the image with a barely banana brad. I adhered the image to the tiled background with stampin' dimensionals.