Friday, February 6, 2009

Birthday Gifts


Here's a third and final card I made this week using the Bitty Birthday set. As with the other two cards, I used colors from the bold brights color family. I don't use these colors frequently, but they somehow seemed appropriate for birthday cards using this fun little set.
I started with a yo yo yellow card base and stamped the happy birthday sentiment from the Happy Everything set ($18.95 on page 137 of the idea book and catalog) in basic black ink. I added a strip of green galore to the card base and overlayed it with a strip of tempting turquoise card stock.
I took a strip of whisper white card stock and stamped it with one of the stamps from the itty bitty backgrounds set ($14.95 on page 119 of the idea book and catalog) first in yo yo yellow ink and then in only orange ink. I attached the stamped strip over the tempting turquoise strip.
I stamped the bag image three times on whisper white card stock in basic black ink and punched all three out using the small tag punch. I colored the bags using stampin' write markers in tempting turquoise, green galore, yo yo yellow, real red, only orange and pink passion. I mounted the colored images onto mats punched with the tag punch out of real red, pink passion and only orange card stock. I finished the card by mounting the matted tags onto the card base with stamping dimensionals.

No comments: