Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sparkly Congrats

I know it's kind of hard to tell from the photo, but I've been playing with glitter again! I just love all the new colors of fine glitter and how they can make an ordinary card pop!

For this card I used the Tart & Tangy stamp set for the cherries. I inked up the stamp with my old olive and real red stampin' write markers and stamped the images on whisper white card stock, before I punched three of them with m 1 1/4" square punch. I then used 2 way glue to cover the cherries and sprinkled on some fine red glitter, and repeated the process with the stems and leaves and olive fine glitter. The final card looks really sparkly in real life because of all the glitter!

I mounted the three cherry images on a piece of basic black card stock and attached the "Jackpot" sentiment form the Game Night stamp set at the top. I attached the basic black card stock to a real red mat. To offset the black space in the upper right hand corner of the basic black strip, I added a couple of white 5/1" brads. To finish the card I attached the real red mat to the bashful blue card base and stamped the congratulations sentiment from the Hugs & Wishes set  in basic black ink directly on the bashful blue card base.

1 comment:

Diane said...

What a beauty Diane,love the glitter,it looks awesome!