Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So Very Pink!


As promised, here's another card featuring the Bitty Birthday set. For this card I started with a pixie pink card base to which I added a yo yo yellow strip of card stock. I ran a pink passion strip of card stock through my paper crimper and wrapped a cheater bow made with very vanilla taffeta ribbon around the crimped paper before attaching it to the yo you yellow strip.
I took a piece of watercolor paper and stamped the cake image on it with going gray ink. Using my aquapainter I colored the cake layers with pixie pink ink. I used stampin' write markers in orchid opulence and yo yo yellow to color in the cake base, candles and candle flames. I also sponged the edges of the watercolor paper with yo yo yellow ink. I covered the "frosting" areas of the cake with my 2 way glue and added some of the Rose Pink glitter from the Fine Cosmo glitter collection. I mounted the finished image on a mat of orchid opulence and attached it to the card front with stamping dimensionals.
To finish the card I stamped the sentiment on watercolor paper in basic gray ink, punched it with the small oval punch and sponged the edges with yo yo yellow ink. I adhered it to a large oval punched out of orchid opulence card stock and attached the sentiment to the card base. I think this makes a fun "girly" birthday card!

No comments: