Saturday, February 7, 2009

You only live once


Yet another card using my new Fifth Avenue Floral set. I started this card by stamping the flower and stem on watercolor paper using basic gray ink. I used the aquapainter and elegant eggplant ink to watercolor the flower, using stampin' write markers in so saffron and certainly celery to color the center of the flower and the stem. I sponged the edges of the watercolor paper with certainly celery ink. I attached the floral image to mats of pale plum and elegant eggplant, decorating the latter with some 1/4" certainly celery grosgrain ribbon.
I used certainly celery card stock for the card base, adding an elegant eggplant and pale plum mats. I stamped the sentiment from the Fifth Avenue Floral set in elegant eggplant ink in the lower right hand of the card. I attached a strip of certainly celery card stock that I had crimped using the paper crimper over the mats. To finish the card I adhered the floral image to the card front.

No comments: