Monday, February 9, 2009

Simply Said - Happy Birthday


Here's a simple card using the Faux tile technique, which is the technique we'll be learning at tomorrow's class. I started with a piece of whisper white card stock and used my paper trimmer with a scoring blade to create a 1/2" square grid. I then stamped the flowers form the Simply Said set in basic brown ink, and used my stampin' write markers in regal rose, apricot appeal, lavender lace, and certainly celery to color the image. I then sponged on some bashful blue ink in the background.
I added a lavender lace and apricot appeal mats. I then added a larger certainly celery mat. I used my mat and paper piercer from the crafter's tool kit to create the pierced boarder.
I stamped one of the dotted flowers from the simply said set in regal rose ink on the regal rose card base. I added the sentiment in the bottom right hand corner with basic brown ink. To finish, I wrapped some white organza ribbon around the card front and attached the main image to the card front using stamping dimensionals.

No comments: