Sunday, September 30, 2007

I just love pockets!

I just love pockets! I don't know why. Maybe because for some reasons women's clothing designers never put pockets in our clothes, creating massive pocket envy? Hmm. Maybe I'm getting too analytical?

In any case, there's just something fun about being able to pull something out of a compartment, be it on clothing, a card or a scrap book. So this month the theme for my technique classes is Pick A Pocket and we'll be exploring the different ways we can incorporate pockets in our cards and scrap books.

In connection with the October technique theme, I thought I'd show you a pocket card I stamped this weekend. This card may be one of the cards we'll stamp at our Christmas stamp a stack this month, although the final selection has not been made yet. But it is cute, so I wanted to share it anyway.

It's just a basic straightforward single pocket card stamped on confetti cream card stock with the It's Snow Time set. The card was super easy. All of the images were stamped with basic black and colored in using the stampin' write markers in Always Artichoke and Ruby Red (plus some close to cocoa for the tree trunks and pumpkin pie for the snow men's noses). I stamped the Happy Holidays sentiment in Ruby Red and accented the card with Ruby Red brads.

I stamped the inside sentiment with Always Artichoke and added a ruby red and always artichoke mats plus some always artichoke grosgrain ribbon for an accent.

I really love how simple and quick this card was to put together and I can imagine the recipient using the insert after the holidays are over as a bookmark, so it's kind of like a card and a gift at the same time! So much fun!

If you would like to stamp your Christmas cards this year but are stuck for ideas feel free to contact me. I would love to help you design a card that's easy to reproduce so that you can impress everyone on your list by sending them a hand-stamped masterpiece. And if you like to send picture in your cards don't worry -- we can create a design that will work great with your photo!

As a bonus service, if you purchase your stamping supplies for your Christmas card design from me I will cut your card stock to fit your design and ship it to you you at no additional charge (other than the initial shipping fee from Stampin' Up!), making your card project that much easier! Don't miss this opportunity to maximize your holiday stamping time and minimize the prep time -- contact me to create your custom holiday card design today!

4 comments:

Crafty Connie said...

What a cute card Diane. I too love the pocket card.

Diane said...

What a great card,the pocket is great!!TFS!!

Jules said...

Cute pocket card! I love that stamp set as well!

Robyn said...

Great card!