Sunday, September 2, 2007

Halloween Project Deets

I know I already showed you a couple of these photos, but I've been asked to provide more detailed photos of the project we'll be creating at the Halloween Home Decor class and instead of sending you to two different posts I through I'd just group everything in one.

Do we'll start with a group shot of all the projects together. Cute and Fun! Photos of individual projects are uploaded below and you should be able to click on all of them individually to pull up a larger version.

This is a project I showed you before -- a neat little treat box that you can fill with candy or just about any other treat. I think these would make lovely party favors, as they are big enough to hold a few of the "fun size" candy bars and are large enough to really make a wonderful display.



The little glass candy dish is Oh So simple to decorate but is so cute! You can fill it with candy corn, M&Ms or skittles or, if your prefer an alternate use, may I recommend filling it with Oreo Cookie crumbs and gummy worms and adding some Batty For You Blooms on sticks to make an adorable Halloween themed "planter". I know that's hard to visualize, so I'll try to create a sample and upload it soon.


The Halloween garland has been a big hit with everyone who has seen is in person so far. The sample garland is fairly short and I would string it from the corners of the mirror hanging above my dining room Buffet. But since it is really so simple to make, there's no reason why you couldn't make it as long as you needed to decorate any part of the house, even a room perimeter. You just need to make sure that you have enough designer paper to make the requisite number of paper "pumpkins" and enough gingham ribbon to hang them from.


The 6x6 framed scrap page is very possibly my favorite project. As much fun as it is to make these smaller scrap pages and place them in an album, it's so much better to display them in frames, especially for Halloween. I plan to fill this frame with a group photo taken at one of out previous Halloween parties so that everyone can have fun reminiscing. And the good news is that after Halloween is over, all you need to do is take the scarp page out of the frame and put it in an album, remove the Halloween ribbons (or not), and the frame is all ready to serve as a scrap page display for another holiday! In fact, why not change out the scrap page every month to go along with the season?

Isn't it amazing how you can transform one seemingly useless object (a can of Pringles potato chips) into a fun and useful decoration? I actually combined two different projects shown at this year's Stampin' Up! convention to create this "decorative cylinder" I took the pringles can idea that Shelli showed us but instead of placing a simple band around the decorated can I used the "ribbon and bow" idea used on the stackable boxes. I thought the stackable boxes would take too long to make at a class, and I felt that the bog bow made the can "pop". And the good news is that you can fill the can with goodies -- I would recommend something like jolly ranchers, tootsie rolls or other individually wrapped candy. Very fun!

When Bill saw this pop-up stand up card he immediately asked if it was intended as a centerpiece. I never thought of it as such but yes, it absolutely could be, especially if you decorated the reverse side in a similar manner. Or it could just be a decoration in a display grouping or a name place card at your Halloween dinner table, or a menu card, or an invitation that you send to all your friends (party details could be written on the back).


The last pocket card project is similarly versatile. I decorated the sample as an invitation but it could easily serve as a menu card, a place to provide party game instructions, a gift card holder or just a happy Halloween card.
So these are all the projects we'll be making at class, but as I mentioned every student will have lots of designer paper and sticky strip left over to make additional projects at home, and I will have lots of other project samples to help inspire everyone. I just know you're going to love this class and space is limited so call or e-mail me to reserve your spot now. See this post for more class details.

3 comments:

ktstamps said...

Diane, Diane, Diane...you are da BOMB BABY! You are so creative. I am so glad I found your blog! WOW! Thank you for showing me different ways to think outside the box! When are you coming to Seattle to stamp with me! I want some of your creative mojo to rub off on me! Thank you so much for your amazing posts. Have a safe Labor Day! kt

Nancy Riley said...

Thanks for the up-close photos! They are all fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather Grow said...

Great projects. Thanks for sharing.