Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Quite Elementary

OK, this is the 6" x6" layout I told you about yesterday. Isn't it adorable? Talk about doing a great job featuring the elementary essentials set! It's exactly what I pictured when I first saw this set in the Fall Winter Collection Catalog. (please note that I didn't actually design this layout -- this is the creation of my super up-up-upline Glenda!)

I knew I would have to get this set to scrap pages for my niece and nephew, so you can imagine how excited I was when I saw that this month I could purchase this set at 30% off (with a $30.00 purchase of regular priced merchandise). What a fabulous bargain!


The other great bargain this month is the Autumn Fest set, which I used to make this card. The image panel you see here is actually part of a One Sheet Wonder -- a whole 8.5x11" sheet covered with a leafy pattern. My friend Liz, who was over Friday night for Bedlam, made a couple of awesome One Sheet Wonders using this set (Liz is the queen of One Sheet Wonders!) and inspired me to do the same.

I just love the fall feel of this card. The background is so saffron and the leaves are stamped in versamark, only orange and ruby red craft inks and embossed with clear embossing powder. After I embossed the leaves, I went over them with a dauber that I first loaded up with chocolate chip stampin' pastel. that's what gave the yellow leaves (previously clear) the slightly variegated look which is, I think, more natural than plain saffron. I swirled the chocolate chip pastel lightly all over the background, added some swirls of old olive pastel and sponged on a little really rust classic ink for texture. I tied a bit of the 5/8" old olive grosgrain at the bottom of the panel and added a strip of old olive card stock for balance at the top. I attached the whole panel to a ruby red card base and stamped the Happy Thanksgiving sentiment in Chocolate Chip. I like the card and I really love the set -- I can't wait to use it on more fall cards!

Remember, the two sets you're seeing here as well as 4 others are on sale through the end of September for 30% off with a $30 regular priced purchase. Don't miss out!

6 comments:

Karen said...

I love your layout! Perfect for larger photos too!

Allison Rankin said...

Great layout Diane!

Debby Winters said...

What a great layout!

Crafty Connie said...

What a wonderful fall card.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous fall card.

Anonymous said...

I really LOVE that card! looks great! :)

hope you had a great weekend.
Liz