Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Simplicity

Tonight I wanted to share a very simple card that has me eating crow. Why? Well, when I first saw this set in the catalog it really didn't grab me. The sentiments were OK as were the images, but there was something about the font that just didn't appeal to me, so I honestly thought I would be able to pass this particular hostess set by. Then I received an awesome swap at convention featuring the Christmas stamp, and I knew I was sunk. I had to get the set just for that stamp. But I still wasn't interested in the other two stamps, no sireebob!

But one of the stamps from this set was just perfect for tonight's card. And just look at how well it turned out! It's so sleek and streamlined. I really love it! It's a perfect card for a workshop or a stamp-a-stack because it goes together so quickly and easily!

The base is basic gray, the new gray color introduced by Stampin' Up! this year. What an awesome color that is -- goes with everything. Not too dark, no too light. It's just perfect! Once I chose basic gray for the base, I decided to use our classic going gray for a contrast and certainly celery for color. I used a trip of the certainly celery prints double sided designer paper for a bit of interest. I stamped the sentiment in basic gray on whisper white and colored the leafy stem with my certainly celery stamping write marker (did I mention how much I love my markers - LOL!). I matted it on a piece of certainly celery card stock and added some basic gray taffeta ribbon at the bottom. I then added a going gray mat and adhered the panel to the base. And that's it -- done! It couldn't be any more simple! So what do you think? I know, it's nothing fancy, like my card from yesterday, but just as cool in its own way, doncha think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've been dying to use a) this set, b) my basic gray cs and c) my gray tafetta ribbon. Guess what I will find time to case today! Awesome and inspiring, sleek and elegant. Girl, you rock!

Crafty Connie said...

Very sophisticated card.
Love the new gray color with just a punch of color from the celery.
Great card!

Virginia Killmore said...

Very Nice diane I may have to purchase this set also!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! can't wait to borrow it... :)

Liz

Lisa Carroll said...

This is gorgeous!

I'm with you - something about that scribbly font did NOT appeal to me at first, but I have seen a lot of wonderful samples with this set and have begun to reconsider!

I LOVE your color combination here! To me, it kinda has a masculine feel... I will have to write that one down so I will remember it. TFS, Diane! :)

ktstamps said...

Diane, I love your art! You inspire me to be better and give me great ideas to play with. Thank you for touching my life! WOW! I am excited for the tutor today! kt

Anonymous said...

I love the card. Very pleasing to the eye. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

This is simple and beautiful!