Friday, September 7, 2007

beat the clock - again!

Here is tonight's post -- click to read more.

Yes, you guessed it -- almost missed the Feedblitz deadline again. But I think I made it in the nick of time.

This is a card I made tonight for my new downline, Jill! *waving hi* I probably should have kept it a secret, but I really wanted to welcome her to my team tonight! Besides, she'll be the only one to see the inside of the card, which is probably more important.

The main strip on the card is a combination of a lit of different techniques that probably shouldn't be tried together. I started with a strip of shimmery white card stock and sponged it with regal rose, purely pomegranate and pretty in pink. I then stamped the stars with versamark ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder. After embossing the stars I brayered over night of navy ink and wiped the ink off the stars, fora variation on the Joseph's coat technique. I did achieve the look that I wanted -- in real life the main strips still shimmers while the embossed stars reflect light, for a fairly unique effect. Unfortunately it's pretty hard to capture in the photo.

I layered the star strip with a strip of pretty in pink and purely pomegranate. I stamped the sentiment in purely pomegranate ink on a petite tag punched out of pretty in pink card stock. I layered the tag on a larger tag punched out of purely pomegranate and used dimensionals to add two stars punched out of regal rose and edged with purely pomegranate ink. tied the tag onto the stars strip with our new pretty in pink taffeta ribbon and adhered it to the regal rose card base with a dimensional. It's not a typical "Diane" card (if such a thing even exists) but I wanted something a bit different and I like the way this turned out. I hope Jill likes it too :-).

On the demo question front, I didn't get any more questions so either you are all remarkably well informed or I've put you to sleep with my long-winded posts. (Ha ha-- if I really did put you to sleep please don't feel compelled to confirm it.) I was happy to see a comment from Amy who is a demo and seconded my answers. I didn't necessarily think that my answers were completely off the mark, but it's always nice to find out for sure.

More stamping tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you made the deadline. This card is beautiful!! I sure enjoy your creativity.

Deborah said...

You are a star Diane! Love the card and all that went into it! TFS - Deb