Thursday, September 20, 2007

My stamping favorites

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post yesterday requesting a list of your stamping favorites! It was fun reading what everyone's favorites were. Of course, now comes the hard part -- I have to list my favorites, which is really, really hard! But since you were nice enough to do it, I have to follow through too, so here goes:

1. What is your favorite Stampin' Up! color? Really Rust. I love the whole earth elements family, but this earthy color just seems to go with pretty much everything. Love it!

2. What is your favorite current Stampin' Up! stamp set? Lovely as a tree. You knew that would be the answer, right? I mean, it's just so versatile an the images are so pretty. I just love it!

3. What is your favorite all time stamp set? OK, I don;t want to list Lovely as a Tree twice (thought I easily could, so I'll choose Best Fiends. I adore Halloween and I really loved the images in that set. Snowflakes would be a close third!

4. What is your favorite stamping technique? Pullin' Pastels. I will never forget the first time I saw this technique -- it was such a wow for me! It still gets me every time. I love just about any technique involving pastels, but that one is definitely my favorite.

5. What is your favorite stamping tool/accessory? Definitely the SU punches! I love how easy they are to use and I love coming up with unusual ways to use them so that each punch can do a bit of a double duty.

6. Where is your favorite place to stamp? I bet you'd expect me to say my stamp room and I really do love to stamp there, but my favorite place to stamp was actually last December aboard a cruise ship. Yes, I was crazy enough to bring stamping supplies with me on a cruise and while the rest of my family were baking themselves topside, I found a comfortable table near a window on the lido deck and spent a few lovely hours stamping and occasionally looking out at the water rushing by. It was fabulous!

7. What is your favorite time to stamp? Just about any time, but I most prefer late, late evening. I am a night owl and it seems that I am most creative after dark. I actually really wish that wasn't the case, because then I wouldn't feel so wasteful any time I go to bed before midnight, but it is what it is.

So there you have it -- all my stamping favorites revealed. They were actually a lot harder to pinpoint than I expected, but this is probably a good thing. And I have to add this caveat -- all favorites subject to change any time :-)

No comments: