Monday, September 24, 2007

Lovely thank you

This was a fun card to stamp. When I started out tonight I was going to stamp a Christmas card, so I took out the Real red, certainly celery and river rock card stock. But as I was looking for an appropriate Christmas set, the "Oh So Lovely" level 1 hostess set caught my eye, and I decided to stamp with it instead.

I first used river rock ink and the texture stamp to create a background on the river rock card front and on the whisper white strip. I then stamped the poppy in basic gray classic ink, wanting a slightly softer outline than I would get with basic black. I grabbed my aquapainter and colored the flower in real red and the stem in certainly celery.
For the sentiment I first punched the back out of real red card stock with the designer label punch. I added a 1" circle punched out of certainly celery. I stamped the thank you sentiment from the vases in vogue set on whisper white card stock and punched it out with the 3/4" circle punch. I used the horizontal slot punch to make slits for the river rock double sided grosgrain ribbon and secured the ribbon using real red brads. This last part was a little tricky. I started with one brad in place, then figured out how much ribbon I would need, carefully slipped the sentiment medallion off the main image and secured the second brad, then slipped the whole thing back on and secured the image to the card base.
My friend Lisa e-mailed me tonight and mentioned that lately she has not been feeling particularly creative with her stamping, and I know when I'm in a funk nothing gets me going line a challenge, so here's a challenge for Lisa and everyone else out there as well. Take an element of this card and create your own card with that element. It could be anything. Maybe you want to use the color combination, maybe the layout, or maybe you'd like to duplicate the way I added the sentiment. Or maybe you'd like to use all three elements just with different stamp sets. Whatever you choose, if you decide to participate post the link to your creation or e-mail me a picture so I can upload it here. Have fun and may the mojo be with you!

6 comments:

Jules said...

Very sweet card!

Debby Winters said...

Beautiful card! I have this set coming as my hostess set for this months stamp camp!I can't wait!

Jenn D said...

This is so pretty. I love how you used the punches on this one.

Anonymous said...

pretty card. i have to place a workshop order so I can get the oh so lovely set! nice set to work with.

Liz

Diane said...

Nice card!! Love the colors!

Lisa Carroll said...

Beautiful card! I am liking River Rock more and more, each time I see it used. TFS! :)

And thanks for the challenge! I'll definitely LYK what I come up with. ;)