Friday, September 28, 2007

Regionals swap cards

Today was the day of the Stampin' up! regionals meeting in Orlando, FL and my new team member Jill was able to attend. We literally got her a ticket at the last possible minute, before she was even officially a demonstrator, and I'm so glad we did because when we tried to find a ticket for her new downline later on we just were not able to do so.

I really wanted to go to the meeting with Jill, because I had so much fun going to my first regional meeting with my upline, Jen, but unfortunately I just could not justify the cost of travel to Florida. But I wanted Jill to have the whole SU meeting experience, including swapping, and since she is so new I knew she probably would not have had the time or materials to make swaps herself, so I stamped 24 swaps for her and 24 more swaps which Jill could swap out for Nancy. I thought this not only would give Jill a chance to participate in the swapping experience, it would also give her and Nancy some great samples to show their new customers!

The first batch of swaps were made using the pullin' pastels technique and the spooky skyline wheel along with some creepy crawly designer paper, the new scalloped punch and the batty for you set. The pullin' pastels part of the card doesn't show up great in this picture -- it looks better in real life.

The second batch of swaps was made with pieces of the Autumn Fest one sheet wonder (see my posts earlier this month for a more detailed description) as well as the textured jumbo wheel, everyday flexible phrases, the designer label punch and the new wide chocolate chip grosgrain.

I already heard from Jill tonight and know she had a great time at the meeting, made some new friends, and had a good time swapping. I can't wait to see her photos and to hear all about her regionals experience on Sunday, during our first ever Stamp with Diane team teleconference! It's all just so darned exciting! Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diane I had such a wonderful time at Regional yesterday and enjoyed meeting so many enthusiastic demonstrators. thank you for making this happen for me. I wish everyone had an upline like you.