Friday, September 28, 2007

How Apropos

In case you never read down that far in the sidebar, the quote for today (Saturday) is:

"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame.Gilbert Chesterton(1874-1936)"
I'm not sure I agree with Mr. Chesterton about the frame, but the part about art consisting of limitation sure reads true just as I'm about to show you a card I stamped yesterday for a limited supplies challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use a Halloween stamp set with a non-Halloween sentiment. What a great challenge! At first nothing came to mind, until I realized that the house from Home is where the haunt is isn't necessarily have to be haunted. What if it was just a handyman's special and someone with the right skills moved in?
SO i used my stampin' write markers to create a creamy caramel sided house with a close to cocoa roof and a ruby red chimney. After I stamped the house I used my more mustard marker to add curtains and my ruby red marker to color the door. I added a chocolate chip and ruby red fence and some trees which, with the aid of garden green and ruby red markers and some sponging turned in to apple trees. I matted the image on garden green card stock and adhered it to a creamy caramel base which I first stamped with the sanded background in creamy caramel ink. I added the "just moved" sentiment from loads of love accessories stamped with chocolate chip on a petite tag, sponged the tag with garden green and more mustard and matted it with ruby red. I added some caramel gingham ribbon and I was done.
So what do you think? Pretty nice home in move-in condition, right? You'd never think of this place as haunted :-)

5 comments:

Tracy said...

All I can think of to say is WOW WOW WOW! AMAZING. I would have never been able to come up with this from this stamp set.

Jana Weaver said...

Great job with the challenge! Really nice card...LOVE it!!

Anonymous said...

Nice job. your handyman's special comment cracked me up!
have a good Sunday!

Liz

Lisa Carroll said...

Absolutely brilliant! TFS :)

Crafty Connie said...

What a great job you did on the challenge. It makes me think of my stamps in more ways than the original intended use.