Monday, March 5, 2007

Try before you buy

It's always fun to play with a stamp set you've been coveting for a while but don't own yourself. No matter how great a stamp looks in the catalog, there is nothing like inking it up and trying it out. I've found that I often don't realize all of the possibilities of a given stamp set until I actually have the stamps in hand, and there are many stamp sets in my collection that I would not have bought if I had not had tried them out first.


I've been thinking about getting the Wild Rose stamp set for a while, but it is a set that people either love or hate, and I needed to find out which camp I fell into before I actually bought it. Fortunately, my friend Jen owns this set and was generous enough to let me borrow it for a few days to try it out. Well, the verdict is in, and I definitely LOVE IT!

This is just one of the cards I stamped with this set. I love how the Roses coordinate perfectly with the Recollections designer paper! The base of this card is mellow moss, stamped with the Linen background in always artichoke ink. The flowers are stamped on very vanilla card stock in cranberry crisp and bravo burgundy inks with so saffron centers. The leaves are stamped on very vanilla card stock in mellow moss and always artichoke.

A random edge was first painted on the Recollections paper with an aqua painter, which makes it oh-so-easy to achieve a nice and clean torn edge on the designer paper. The sentiment from the Designer Label punch box was stamped on very vanilla card stock in bravo burgundy ink and then punched out and popped up on a dimensional. The smaller flower and leaves were similarly popped up on a dimensional.

I think this turned out to be a very classy thank you card. Leave me a comment and let me know if you agree.

And if you want a chance to try out my stamps, stop by my house this Friday night for Bedlam -- my open stamping and scrapping night. You can find more details on the events page of my web site. See you there!

No comments: