Sunday, March 11, 2007

Oh, Happy Day!

Today was a great day in Chicago! The weather was beautiful and we sprang ahead into daylight savings time which means that it's light outside even as I'm typing now! It really feels like spring has finally arrived, just like in this card.


I really love the In Full Bloom set (page 122 of the idea book and catalog). It was a gift from my friend and upline Jen last fall for promoting to Supervisor status (thanks Jen -- you rock!). This was a set Jen used for a project at the library class where I got hooked on stamping, so it's really special to me. I usually use the flowers in this set and ignore the little bee, so I wanted to make her the star attraction this time. And what a happy day for her as she found the perfect flower to feed on!

The base of this card is so saffron with the border stamped twice at the top and bottom of the front of the card in basic black ink and colored with so saffron, regal rose and certainly celery markers. The middle strips are basic black, so saffron and regal rose, with the flower on the regal rose strip stamped in regal rose ink. The main image has basic black and so saffron mats. The flower is stamped in regal rose on whisper white card stock and colored with regal rose and so saffron markers. The stem is stamped in certainly celery. The sentiment from the Nice and Narrow set is stamped in basic black on a certainly celery tag punched with the new round tag punch. The entire medallion is popped up on dimensionals.

The bee was stamped on a separate piece of whisper white card stock in basic black ink, colored with basic black, so saffron and bordering blue markers, then trimmed out and popped up on a dimensional.

I really think this is the perfect card for a perfect (almost) spring day!

1 comment:

Lisa Carroll said...

This is gorgeous! 'In Full Bloom' is one of my very favorite floral sets of all time. I don't think I will EVER tire of it! :)

Great job making that cute little bee the star of teh show. ;) I tend to ignore her, too, so I appreciate teh inspiration to put her to good use! :)

Have a wionderful day,
Lisa (bnlnkids on SplitCoast)