Saturday, March 17, 2007

Stuck!

Sometimes no matter what you do the creative juices just will not start flowing. I've had a pretty good run lately, so I guess I should have known my good fortune was due to run out. All this week I've been working on cards featuring stampin' pastels techniques in preparation for my class. I'm not sure tonight's technique has a name -- I would call it spectrum pastels because the ultimate effect is something like the effect you would get with a spectrum ink-pad. In essence, you use the pastels to create a multi-colored background, and then stamp images on that background. Open and airy images, like those in the doodle style stamps work best for this technique, because the beauty of the background is never hidden.


Tonight I tried to come up with a class-worthy project, but even though I will post the card I came up with, I'm fairly confident it will not make the class roster. Why? Well, to be frank, I seem to be stuck in a rut with the "horizontal stripe" layout. I love how easy this layout is to work with, but as I look over the cards for the class, I found they are all starting to look too similar. So never fear -- I will come up with a new, more interesting card for the class. In the meantime, though, here is your sneak peak at the spectrum pastels technique.
The background was created with stampin' pastels in more mustard, ruby red and old olive. The flower from Doodle That was then stamped in Ruby Red and the background from itty bitty backgrounds was stamped in always artichoke. The three panes are matted with more mustard card stock with earth elements brads in opposite corners. They are adhered to the ruby red strip with dimensionals. the ruby red strip is adhered to a strip of always artichoke, which is attached to an old olive base. The sentiment from much appreciated is stamped with always artichoke.

No comments: