Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Special Occasions

One of the things I like most about stamping cards is that a hand-stamped card makes a special occasion even more special. Last year a co-worker asked me to make a card for his anniversary, so I created one with a verse he specially selected in his wife's favorite colors. She still has the card on display. So this year, he asked me to make another card, and I am happy to oblige, especially since I get to use my new favorite stamp set - Wild Rose.







This card measures 8.5x5.5" in size, so it is twice as large as standard stamped cards. In order to make the sentiment really stand out, I first stamped the floral background in pale plum on whisper white card stock and then stamped the sentiment in Perfect Plum craft ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then double framed the sentiment in oval frames made out of sage shadow card stock and Enchante double sided designer paper.

The roses were stamped in pale and perfect plum classic inks. The leaves were stamped with sage shadow classic ink and accented with dazzling diamonds stampin' glitter. The top of the card is decorated with white wide organdy ribbon.

I hope my co-worker's wife will like this card as much as last year's card, and that my co-worker will get bonus points for doing more than stopping at a store on his way home to pick up a generic greeting, so that this anniversary will be a truly special occasion for them both!

No comments: