Monday, March 12, 2007

The Luck of the Irish

This Weekend is Saint Patrick's day, and I thought this card was perfect for the occasion. I used the square steps corner punch to create the lacy border by taking off the paper guide and punching across a strip of whisper white card stock. I created the clover pattern by stamping the clover from Tag Time repeatedly with versamark and then covering each clover with glorious green pastels using a sponge dauber -- a technique called poppin' pastels. I swirled on some more glorious green pastels in between the clover for a bit more visual interest. I stamped the sentiment in versamark and heat embossed with detail white embossing powder.

I'm quite pleased with the effect. I think the card kind of looks like an Irish lace tablecloth.

If you like the card you might want to sign up for the stampin' pastels class on March 27, where we'll be covering poppin' pastels and other cool techniques using this versatile coloring medium.

And if you like Saint Patrick's Day and want to experience some luck of the Irish this year, check out my Saint Patrick's Weekend Special.

1 comment:

Joan said...

This card is Adorable with a capital A! Love it and I agree that it looks like lace. Great job