Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My awesome gift and a sneak peak at April!

The first thing I wanted to share with you tonight is this totally awesome notebook! This was a gift from Barbara for inviting her to stamp with us at stamp camp last weekend. I appreciate it so much! It's just so beautiful and elegant! The photo doesn't even begin to do it justice. In real life it's all sparkly and blingy. I don't think I'll ever be able to use it -- it's just too pretty! Thanks you so much, Barbara! You shouldn't have, but I'm so glad you made it anyway. Now I'll need to think of something really impressive to make for you the next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

The other thing I wanted to share is a sneak peak at one of the projects form the April Inspiration sheet class. The class will take place on April 21. You can get all of the details on the events page of my website. All of the projects will use the four seasons double sided designer paper and the Perennial Favorites stamp set, like the triangle fold Mother's Day card pictured here. This card was heavily inspired by a card designed by Rhonda Favreau. In stamping this card I used pumpkin pie, apricot appeal and chocolate chip card stock along with chocolate chip, pumpkin pie and versamark ink. The sentiments are from All Year Cheer II and III. The card is tied closed with apricot grosgrain. I really like the way it turned out and I think this unusual fold will impress every mom!

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I love that trifold card...and for Mother's Day, it would be perfect!

Lisa Carroll said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift! :)

And that Mom's Day card is totally cool! There's nothing like an unusual or unique fold to really make a project interesting. Your color choices and image choices are absolutely perfect... what mom wouldn't love to receive this?! It's fabulous!