Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another day, another try

You guessed it -- this was another also-ran in the competition for my single layer swap design. To be honest, I'm not sure why I rejected this card except that it wasy maybe too simple (though, as you'll see tomorrow and Friday, my final designs were not exactly super complicated). the branch and greeting were stamped first in versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I then applied versamark ink directly to the card stock over the branch through a mash I had cut out with my coluzzle oval cutting system. I embossed the masked area with clear embossing powder. That's it -- the card was done. However, it still felt like it needed something and adding anything would have destroyed the single layer character fo the card, destroying its original purpose. So I just left it as is.

No comments: