Saturday, January 24, 2009

top note garden greetings


I'm not quite sure what to think of this card. I can't decide if I like it or not. It looks a little plain to me, but then adding anything might make it too "busy".

The base is pacific point. I added the Big Shot Top Note mat in whisper white and in baja breeze patterns designer series paper. I trimmed the designer paper top note along the perforations to make it slightly smaller.

The flower from Garden Greetings is stamped in pacific point ink on whisper white card stock and trimmed out by hand. I attached it to the card using white taffeta ribbon and a baja breeze decorative button.

I punched the sentiment from the Garden Greetings set with the word window punch and then used the punch again to shorten the card stock. I layered the sentiment on a 3/4" circle punched out of baja breeze card stock and a curly label shape punched out of pacific breeze card stock.

I probably should not have posted this here but my stamping mojo is still on vacation (perhaps visiting Forks, Washington?). It's a bit frustrating, and if I still can't get anything going over the next few days it will be time to reach for the coldwater creek catalog again. For now, though, this is a as good as it gets.

2 comments:

manybooks said...

Oh, I like this card!! (just the way it is - no need to add anything). Pacific Point is (for me anyway) a difficult color to work with and you've made this look fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

Jules said...

I don't think it needs anything either. Nice clean and simple!
Very cute!