Friday, January 9, 2009

A bit of faux spotlighting?

This was the second card I made for the single layer swap and I really liked it until I realized, after all the cards were stamped, of course, that I could have easily, with a single step, made it even better. I hate when that happens, don't you?

In any case, for this card I used the Inspired by Nature set to stamp the flower silhouette in chocolate chip ink on a very vanilla card base. I then used the Dreams Du Jour set to stamp the sentiment and the butterflies, also in Chocolate chip ink. Using my 1 3/4 and 1 3/8" circle punches I created a double mask, covering the butterfly with the smaller circle and placing the larger open circle around the smaller one so I could create the faux pumpkin pie layer with a sponge dauber. To finish the card I colored the butterfly with my stamping write markers (I used more mustard, really rust, summer sun and creamy caramel) and added a bit of pumpkin pie ribbon at the spine of the card.

By now Leadership should be over and if all goes well I will be having dinner with my upline Jen, my up-up-upline Glenda, my Orlando downline, Jill and her downline, Nancy! How cool is it that we'll have so many "generations" of my Stampin' Up! family from 3 different states all in one place? Woo Hoo! And tomorrow Jill and I will go tot he Orlando regional meeting -- I'm really looking forward to the bonding time! It's been almost 9 months since I last saw Jill, so we'll have a lot to catch up on!

1 comment:

Jana O'Brien said...

I love your faux layering Diane! I'm curious what you thought would make it better... I'm sure you had a blast in Orlando!