Sunday, January 25, 2009

A necessary CASE




Today I decided to follow the advice I so often dispense to beginner stampers who complain that they are just not that "creative" -- I copied a card from the new Idea Book and Catalog. I've done this in the past, to a point -- I often copy the colors and layout of a card I find in the catalog, changing out the stamp set. This time, though. I copied basically everything, except that I modified the card from a square card to a regular 4.25 x5.5" size.
I briefly toyed with substituting another stamp set, and I still may do so in the future, but sine I own the stamp set used in the book I decided to just go for an outright CASE. After all, that's the whole reason Stampin' Up! creates these samples for us in the first place. So that those of us who for whatever reason cannot come up with our own design can just follow their lead.
You can find the original card on page 41 of the spring/Summer idea Book and Catalog. Again, the only thing I changed was the size of the card and adding one little detail -- I used crystal effects to adhere red beads over the cherries on the cupcakes. You can see the detail of that in the second photo. For me, it just added the right bit of interest, though the card would have been perfectly fine without the beads as well.
Here's the recipe:
paper: ruby red, more mustard, chocolate chip, confetti white, old olive patterns designer series paper
ink: basic gray, chocolate chip, more mustard, ruby red
stamps: crazy for cupcakes
accessories: chocolate chip taffeta ribbon, red bead duo, crystal effects

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the beads for cherries!!