Monday, January 12, 2009

February 14

As you can probably guess, the inspiration for this card was a red and white toile bulletin board. To create the look on the card I stamped the Bella Toile background on a piece of whisper white card stock. I then added the cris crossed 1/4" real red grosgrain ribbon. I mounted the "faux bulletin board" on a mat of basic black and mounted that to a real red card base. Next I stamped the curly label frame with a stamp form the quick and curly set in real red on whisper white card stock. I stamped the Feb. 14 image from A Happy Heart in the center, also in real red. I cut out the frame along the outline by hand, and added a basic black mat punched with the curly label punch before attaching the image at one of the ribbon intersections. For the other ribbon intersections I stamped the I "heart" you sentiment from A Happy Heart and cut out the heart in a circle by hand, then mounted each heart on a 1/2" circle punched out of basic black card stock.

It's a bit of a different look for me, but I've very pleased at how well this card matches its inspiration!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Priscilla said...

Love it! :o)

Anonymous said...

Diane,
As normal I love your cards, I bought this background stamp because of you. I will be using this card in my work shop on Sun. Thanks for having such a creative mind!
Karen Salsini