Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happiness Always


I thought I'd take a bit of a break today from all the love projects and show you a card I stamped quite a while ago -- back when I was showcasing the faux frosting technique at my monthly club technique class. This card, where the clouds were made using the faux frosting technique, didn't make the class cut, but I do like it for its simplicity and because it uses this awesome level 3 hostess set that will be retiring soon. As a demonstrator, I only very rarely use my retired sets, so for me the end of a catalog or mini catalog period is always bittersweet. I love the thought of new and fun stamp sets, but I hate placing my retiring favorites into storage. This is especially the case when, as with this set, I feel I never had enough time to use it to its full potential.
But before I get all melancholy about retiring stamps, let me also put in a plug for retiring accessories. The list of retiring accessories (which includes out awesome stampin' around wheels) is coming out tomorrow at noon mountain time. As always, the retiring accessories sell out fast, so if there's anything you want to stock up on I recommend placing an on-line order as soon as possible after the list comes out. Ordinarily I would also tell you to call or e-mail me with an order but, alas, after tomorrow I am not going to be able to place orders easily until Sunday.
No worries, my inability to place orders is actually a good thing. Tuesday night I will leave Bill and Stew to hang out together while I go off to Orlando for the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference and a Regional meeting. This means that tomorrow through Sunday my e-mail and voice mail access will be more limited than usual, and my response time may be slower. So, again, if there are any retiring accessories you want to order before they sell out, please do so by placing an on-line order through my web site (see the post at the top of the right hand column for the link).
I have been busy stamping today to have new things for you to see every day while I'm gone. And, if possible and time permitting, I'll also post any interesting stuff I can from the Stampin' Up! conferences. What a fun and exhausting week this promises to be! I can't wait!

No comments: