Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Heart Day


Finally, a design that actually made the cut. I did use this for one of my groups of single layer swaps. The swap should have taken place earlier today, so I no longer have to keep the designs secret.

It is a very simple design, but I like how it came out. I started with a whisper white card base, but I trimmed about 1/2" from from the front of the card. I then used the reverse masking technique with sponge daubers and pretty in pink ink to create the oval and tag shapes . I then stamped the tag and butterfly from the Happy Heart Day set in basic black ink. (Remember this set from last year? I loved it then and I still do!)

I used my rose red stampin' write marker to color the tag and my rose red ink pad and the little butterfly image from the Flight of the Butterfly set to stamp over the open butterfly image in the oval. The two butterflies are not a perfect fit, but they're pretty darned close!

As a final touch I crimped the open edge of the card front and added some rose red ribbon to the tag and the spine of the card. It's simple, yes, but pretty cute too, and very appropriate for this time of year!

No comments: