Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sock Monkey Halloween

Poor little sock monkey. I'm afraid with all the excitement of new stamps, I've ignored him lately. Well, since his accessories set comes with a Halloween accessory, I thought it was only fair to let him come out and play at least once before Halloween.

And doesn't he just look too adorable in his Ghostly Greetings designer series paper pajamas proudly holding his Jack-O-Lantern? Of course I paper pieced his outfit and face, and painted his lips, hat and bottom using my ruby red stampin' write marker. The pumpkin was colored using stampin' write markers as well, in old olive, chocolate chip and pumpkin pie.

I attached the image (stamped in chocolate chip on very vanilla card stock) to a larger piece of creamy caramel card stock, added the sentiment from the Chills and Thrills rub-on assortment and decorated using 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in chocolate chip, old olive and pumpkin pie. I then attached it to the old olive card base decorated with a strip of pumpkin pie card stock that I ran through the crimper.

I really love this card and I will mail it out on Monday to my niece and nephew. I'm sure they'll love it too!

3 comments:

Jan Christiansen said...

Love your sock monkey card! Drop by and see my sock monkeys sometime. www.sockmonkeyranch.com

Priscilla said...

What an adorable card! :o)

Debby said...

What a cute card! I've never thought about pajamas for Sock Monkey much less pjs as cute as this idea! TFS