Thursday, October 30, 2008

Saffron Noel

I admit, these colors are a bit unusual for a Christmas card, but sometimes you have to get away from tradition. On this card I used the big on Christmas set to stamp the noel in stazon black ink on whisper white card stock. I used my stampin' write markers in so saffron, certainly celery and real red to color the sentiment, decorated the ornament with some so saffron and certainly celery brads and added a real red mat.

I then took a certainly celery card base and added a so saffron mat, which I stamped with an image from the holiday trinkets set in so saffron ink. I wrapped some 5/8" certainly celery grosgrain ribbon around the so saffron mat before I attached it to the card front. Finally I added the main image with dimensionals. Certainly it's a little different, but I bet it will stand out in a crowd!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the saffron! I think it works wonderful. I would never have thought of these colors either, but they work great, especially with the Noel image and the way you have it colored! Great Card!

StampinbyGeorge said...

I love Christmas cards done using non-traditional colors. Yours is great! The brads on the ornament really set it off. Congrats on a job well done.