Monday, October 20, 2008

Glitter window joy

Here's another quick and cute Christmas card. This time I used the Season of Joy Stamp set. I started with a piece of whisper white card stock on which I stamped the main image full of sentiments in real red ink. I then added an old olive mat. I folded an old olive card base and trimmed a real red mat 1/4" smaller than the base in each direction. I wrapped a piece of white taffeta (complete with a cheater bow) around the real red mat and attached the main image in the lower right hand corner. I then punched a scalloped circle in the upper left hand corner and attached a square piece of clear con-tact paper to the back, so that the sticky side faced through the opening (you can also use a piece of clear packing tape for this glitter window technique). I sprinkled the opening with dazzling diamonds to create the glitter window. I then stamped the flower in real red ink on a piece of whisper white card stock and centered the image in the scalloped opening, attaching it to the back of the real red mat. Then I simply attached the real red mat to the card base and the card was done.

If you're wondering why all of a sudden I seem to be stamping a lot of quick but cute Christmas cards, the answer is pretty simple - I'm preparing samples for a stamp-a-stack on the go. A stamp a stack on the go is a hybrid between a traditional stap-a-stack and a workshop. There is a hostess who invites friends to her house to make Christmas cards. The guests pay a fee to make several cards each of several designs. If they like what they see and want to make a purchase, they get a portion or all of their class fee applied to their purchase price, depending on the size of their order. The hostess receives all the hostess benefits if the total sales from the night reach the qualifying amount.

Sound like fun? If you live in the Chicagoland Area you too can host your own stamp-a-stack to go. Contact me at 847-452-8285 for details.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a great card! Sure makes me wish I was in the Chicagoland area.