Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Christmas Sleigh Bells

Here's another super simple Christmas card. The base is brocade blue, with a square bravo burgundy and creamy caramel mats. The image from the Sleigh Bells Ring set is stamped with bravo burgundy ink on a white round chipboard coaster. I used a crop-a-dial to punch 2 3/16" holes through which I threaded some 5/8" bravo burgundy ribbon and tied it in a double knot. I also used the eyelet setting part of the crop-a-dial to create a dotted boarder, but to be honest, I'm not sure I would do that again, because I found it really hard to maintain even spacing around the perimeter.

I used a stamping sponge to add some creamy caramel ink to the entire front of the coaster and used a stamping sponge with bravo burgundy ink to add color to the coaster edges. Then I just attached the coaster to the card front and stamped the sentiment in bravo burgundy ink to finish off the card.

The thing that makes this card so easy is using the coaster, because it gives dimension and does not require cutting. However, if you do not have a supply of coasters, you could achieve the same effect using the coluzzle circle cutting system with very vanilla or naturals vanilla card stock.

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

Great idea to use the coaster Diane. I really like the texture you get with it!