Monday, October 13, 2008

Golden Snow Swirls


Tonight's card is a sample for a class I will be teaching at the Hillside library in November. I was asked to design a class for beginner stampers with two Christmas cards and a Thanksgiving place card/treat holder. I know thissounds easy, but actually anyone who ever met me knows that designign simple cards is absolutely the most difficult task anyone could give me. Let's just say I could find a way to complicate boiling water.

With that in mind, I can only hope this card is not too complicated for beginner stampers. I started out with a piece of naturals ivory card stock on which I stamped the tree, small snowflake and sentiment from the Snow Swirled set with real red and kiwi kiss inks. I then used the ticket corner punch on the corners and the zig gold painty to accents some of the dots on the tree.

I cut a real red mat to size and stamped it with the middle size snowflake from the snow swirled set in encore gold ink. Again I used the ticket corner punch and layered the image on top of the stamped real red mat. I attached the real red mat to a larger kiwi kiss mat and inserted gold brads in all four corners. Finally I attached the kiwi kiss mat to a naturals ivory card base.

I know it doesn't look like much in the photo, but in real life this cardis very pretty, with the gold encore ink and the gold painty giving it a nice shimmer. I just hope the class participants will enjoy making it.

2 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

Diane, I think this card looks fabulous! PERFECT for a beginner stamper. ;)

Anonymous said...

Diane, I just bought this stamp last week, what a wonderful idea.