Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Christmas Flowers


I'm just going to keep the Christmas cards coming this week. I guess you can call this portion of the blog the 12 days of Christmas in October! For Today's card I used a ruby red card base. I stamped the image from A Flower for all Seasons with stazon black ink on whisper white card stock and colored it with my ruby red, old olive and more mustard stampin' write markers. I then punched out a semicircle with my 3/4" circle punch, added an old olive mat and a ruby red button. I think I probably should have threaded the button with some natural hemp twine, but it was packed away in a hard to get to spot so I just did without. If you didn't have the earth elements buttons, you could make a faux button with the 1/2" circle punch and the 1/8" handheld circle punch or, better yet, the double circle punch.

The sentiment comes from the Cute and Curly stamp set. I stamped it on whisper white card stock with ruby red ink and trimmed it out by hand. I then added an old olive mat punched out with my curly label punch.

I wrapped a piece of 1/4" old olive grosgrain ribbon around a piece of more mustard card stock and attached it in the center of my card front. Then I attached both of my stamped pieces and the card was done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card with Christmas flowers decoration!! Great work!!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to add a personal touch this christmas.

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore flowers especially around Christmas. I always buy an arrangement or two of Christmas flowers for over the festival period as the beautiful red colours of the red Roses and Carnations really set the mood.