Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Block Party Thank You

It's that time of year when we have to say goodbye to a lot of stuff. Yesterday it was the Occasions mini and now through August 10 it's the retiring stamp sets from the spring/summer collection. Then On July 21 we'll also add the retiring accessories to the list. So much to snap up before it's gone forever and so little time to do it in!


Tonight's card features the Block Party set which, unfortunately, found itself on the retirement list. I really love this set, I have every since I saw it for the first time in last year's Fall/Winter collection. I haven't used it in a while, though, so it's nice to have a reason to stamp with it again.

For tonight's card I pulled the colors right from the Special Delivery Girl Simply scrappin' kit. I had some pieces of the designer paper and self-adhesive die cuts left over from other projects and I thought they would go great with this set. I inked up the bottom of the stamp with my river rock ink pad and the top with groovy guava, then used the apricot appeal stampin' write marker to ink up the center. I stamped my image on whisper white card stock and added a strip of designer paper between the various sentiments. Then I mounted the stamped image on mats of Sahara sand, apricot appeal and textured groovy guava card stock.

I selected Sahara sand for my card base and decorated it with a strip of designer paper and some self-adhesive die cut borders. I also added the circles with flowers on top of the apricot appeal scalloped border. Finally I added my stamped image to finish off the card.

Thanks to the self-adhesive die cuts this card was so simple! If you have some left-overs from any simply scrappin' kits put them to good use and make them work for you just like I did! And remember, since most of the Simply Scrappin kits in the spring/summer collection feature at least one "in-color," they are definitely going to retire, so if you must have one or more of them I suggest you place your orders now, before supplies run short!

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

Another really great card Diane!

Holly