Saturday, June 28, 2008

silhouette portrait


Today I really wanted to stamp with my "She's All that" set. I don't think that there are any people out there who are indifferent towards this set -- everyone pretty much either loves it or hates it, and I'm squarely in the "Love it!" camp.
I find it really unique and very versatile and I hope it will make it back to the big catalog either in August or next January.
For this card I decided to use the preggo lady image, but only from the chest up. I inked the stamp with my chocolate chip stampin' write marker and stamped the image on a piece of groovy guava card stock. Using my coluzzle cutting system, I cut an oval shape around the stamped image. I also cut out a larger oval from a piece of Afternoon Tea designer paper that I waned to serve as a mat for my image -- sort of like a frame for a painting.I added a picture hanger from the aged copper hodgepodge hardware and tied a bow with my groovy guava double stitched ribbon at the top. I attached the picture hanger to the back of the designer paper using a mini glue dot.
I decided to use soft sky for the card base, and added a strip of chocolate chip and a strip of Afternoon Tea designer series paper. I specifically used the design that reminded me of a wallpaper design, because I wanted to create an illusion of a wall. I then attached the "frame" to the "wall" using mini glue dots.
To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment on a piece of groovy guava card stock and punched it out using the large oval punch. I secured the punched piece inside a large oval aged copper hodgepodge hardware piece using crystal effects and added two pieces of groovy guava ribbon on either side of the label holder. My final step was attaching the label holder to the card front using mini glue dots.
I think this card has a very sweet and a bit old fashioned look to it. Hope you like it.
By the way, you have to come back tomorrow to see lots and lots of ideas for using Stampin' Up!'s new product line - decor elements. I won't go into details now, but suffice it to say I think you'll be most pleased! So y'all come back now, y'hear?

4 comments:

Holly Young said...

great card Diane. I like how you just used her head!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! How clever you are to use just the top of the figure. Love how it reminds me of an old time brooch.

I've been resisting this set, but now I'm not sure I can. ;-)

Carolyn Sharkas said...

WOW. I love the cameo brooch idea, not sure I would have thought of it, but what a great idea. My teenage daughter has a thing for cameos so I might have to make her a just because card and use this technique. Thanks so much for sharing.

Kari said...

Beautiful card!!! I love how you created the silhouette portrait!!! I love the colors you used too!!! Thank you so much for inspiring!!!