Monday, July 21, 2008

Super easy paperclip bookmark


Ok, let's say that your best friend is visiting from out of state with her two boys and you're dead tired because you stayed up late to clean the hose and finish up some swaps but you still want to post something to the blog. What do you do? Well, if you're like me you make a project that is about as easy as stamping can get- a paperclip bookmark.
I suppose if you wanted to complicate this project you could, and if I had more time I'd probably at the very least add some glitter (maybe I'll post my souped up version at a later date) but for now this was quick and dirty stamping at its finest.
To make this card I chose the butterfly image form the Perennial Favorites retiring stamp set. I colored the butterfly with my regal rose stampin' write marker and stamped it on whisper white card stock, then colored in the wings with my almost amethyst stampin' write marker. I punched the image out with the 1 1/4" circle punch, added a lovely lilac 1 3/8" mat and a regal rose scalloped circle mat. Then I repeated all the steps again and attached the two scalloped circles to each other over the top end of the clip with a pop up glue dot.
To finish off the bookmark I simply added some narrow whisper white grosgrain ribbon and a couple of ribbons from the retiring Fairytale ribbon originals collection. Not bad for about 3 minutes, right?

1 comment:

Diane said...

It's a super quick idea Diane!
Love it,TFS!!!!
Glad you had fun with your gf!!!