Saturday, July 19, 2008

flowers after flowers


Tonight's card is all about retirement. I used a retiring stamp set (year after year,) retiring colors (wild wasabi and groovy guava,) retiring designer papers (Jersey Shore and Groovy Guava prints which, by the way, will both be 25% off starting on Monday). I also used some of the wide chocolate chip satin ribbon from the Theater Ribbon originals collection, which I strongly suspect will be retiring on Monday.
The card itself is very simple. I started with a wild wasabi base and added a chocolate chip and groovy guava prints designer series paper mats. The chocolate chip border on all mats is intentionally 1/16 of an inch. I did this just to create a subtle outline, not to overwhelm the card with the chocolate chip color.
Over the groovy guava mat I added a strip of chocolate chip card stock layered with a strip of wild wasabi designer paper from the Jersey Shore designer Series Paper collection. I added the chocolate chip satin cheater bow at the bottom of the strip.
For the image I stamped the flowers form the Year after Year set in basic brown ink on very vanilla card stock and used a blender pen to color the image with wild wasabi and grooby guava ink. I added another chocolate chip mat and attached the image to the card front.
There you have it -- very simple and, if I say so myself, kind of classy.

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Year after Year is one of my favorite sets. Love the colors on this card!

Anonymous said...

cute card!

arlene,
West Bremerton florist