Friday, July 18, 2008

Yay for you!

Yet another sneak peak tonight. I stamped this card with the Sock Monkey set, which will be available for purchase on August 11. I have to confess my sock monkey associations are not exactly great, so it took me a little while to warm up to this guy, but I got him because I knew my niece and nephew would love him and now that I've stamped with him I think I'm falling in love too!

Other than the new stamp set, I also used the new riding hood red card stock and ink to make this card. I paper pieced the monkey and the flag and the "yay" sentiment on the flag is hand-written with the close to cocoa stampin' write marker. Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Sock Monkey
Ink: Basic Brown, Close to Cocoa, Riding Hood Red
Card Stock: Blush Blossom, close to cocoa, riding hood red, very vanilla
Accessories: blender pen, large and small oval punches, 1" circle punch
Techniques: Paper piecing

1 comment:

FourViews4U said...

My daughter Ashley is a huge Sock Monkey Fan. She is 21 now. I hve been looking for paper or stamps to complete a wooden purse with a bamboo handle for her, looks like this is it! Thanks for sharig this fun set. Christy