Sunday, July 20, 2008

Guava Wedding


No, you're not imagining things. If tonight's card looks familiar, it's because it's a close cousin of the card I posted last night. Once again I used the year After Year stamp set and the same layout, including using chocolate chip card stock for the mats. I also used the groovy guava prints designer series paper (although a different pattern than on last night's card). The only real changes were the substitution of ginger blossom designer series paper for the jersey shore designer series paper, which meant that instead of wild wasabi I used river rock and ruby red on this card, and the substitution of the river rock stretchy ribbon from the beachfront ribbon originals collection (25% off starting tomorrow!) for the chocolate chip satin ribbon from the Theater ribbon originals collection. The cake image was stamped on very vanilla card stock with basic brown ink and colored with a blender pen and ruby red, groovy guava and river rock inks.

I really like this layout for the images in this stamp set, as well as other similarly sized sets such as fun and fast notes and pun fun. So don't be surprised if you continue to see it pop-up here in the future, especially right now as my time for leisure stamping is severely curtailed. The good news is that I am almost done with all of my organized swaps (I just have to finish up 1 group of mini albums and 1 group of wow tags). The bad news is that I'm not done yet, and tomorrow my best friend is arriving from Michigan with her two boys, so I'm unlikely to get any productive stamping time in the next few days. And with just about a week to go until Convention time is running out! Yikes! Wish me luck!

No comments: