Friday, July 4, 2008

One more patriotic card


Between the birthday party and the fireworks tonight I didn't have much time in the stamp room, but this morning I remembered that I actually had a stamp combination that could pass for patriotic, so I quickly put this card together.

I used the classic stars jumbo wheel inked up in blue bayou ink on a a strip of whisper white card stock, added some real red striped ribbon, mounted the whisper white strip on a strip of real red card stock and attached it to the blue bayou card front.

I then stamped the eagle from wildlife reserve in basic gray on a piece of whisper white and colored him using my close to cocoa, so saffron handsome hunter and basic gray stampin' write markers. I added a blue bayou and real red mats and attached the image to the card front with dimensionals. IMO it's patriotic enough without any sentiments.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Very nice!
I just ordered this set and can't wait to play with it, I wanted it after I seen your simple bunny card that you made around X-Mas ( I loved that card) but I am just now finally getting around to getting it!