Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Independence Day!


I just love the 4th of July because I love fireworks. There's something so magical about sitting outside on a nice summer evening with showers of multi-colored lights exploding overhead. This year our niece and nephew will be coming with us to watch the show -- the first time for both of them! I'm really excited and just hope that they're too excited by the show to get scared by the noise.

Anyway, in honor of Independence Day, I wanted to stamp a patriotic card. the trouble was I really don't have any patriotic stamps. I've been meaning to get some, but something else always needed to be purchased first. So tonight I had to make do with what I had and, if I say so myself, I think I did OK.

The card is actually pretty simple. I started with a ruby red base. I took a strip of night of navy card stock and added a "Meg" cheater bow made with the brocade blue wide striped ribbon from the Jersey Ribbon Originals assortment. I then attached the strip to the card front and added a row of small stars that I punched out of whisper white card stock. At the bottom of the Night of Navy strip I rubbed on dots from the Anchored Rub- On Assortment.

Since I didn't have any specifically patriotic stamps, I wasn't sure how to finish the card off. I could have done something like a Celebrate or Happy Birthday (it is, after all, our country's birthday) but that seemed too predictable. So instead I opted to use the Live Every Moment sentiment from the Anchored Rub On assortment (by the way, if you like this sentiment as much as I do, you can get it in a larger size through our Decor Elements self-adhesive vinyl decor line -- Cool!) Then I finished off the card with three star rub-on images, also from the Anchored assortment.

That's all for now! I hope you all have a fantastic day tomorrow and a really great evening under the stars!

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Nice card Diane, and Happy 4th to you too!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!