Monday, July 14, 2008

Polka Dot happy

Another simple card, but this time in a 3x6" format (I have to change things up a little bit, right?) For this card I started out with a 6x6" piece of so saffron card stock folded in half. I used my corner rounder punch to create a scalloped edge on the front of the card. I then used my ballet blue stampin' write marker to color in just the flower in the center of the paisley image from the Polka Dots & Paisley set and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the flowers in the scallops. I finished off the card base by sponging the scalloped edge with more ballet blue ink.

I then added a mat of ballet blue which I previously stamped with the polka dot background from the Polka Dots & Paisley set stamped in ballet blue ink. I stamped the solid flower image in so saffron ink, added a ballet blue outline and punched the image with my 1 1/4" circle punch. I added a 1 3/8" brilliant blue circle mat and a so saffron scalloped circle. I then used my handheld 1/16" circle punch to punch around the scalloped circle and also to punch out the centers of the flowers in the scallops on the card base. To finish I stamped the word "happy" on whisper white and rounded off the corners with the corner rounder punch. I added a so saffron mat and adhered the sentiment to the card front.

So there it is: 1 stamp set, 2 colors ink and three colors of card stock. It doesn't take much easier than that!

No comments: