Wednesday, July 23, 2008

inspiring shirt

Tonight's card was inspired by a shirt I saw at Ann Taylor Loft this week. I loved the colors and the pattern (scroll down a little to see a photo of thee shirt). I thought the best set in my collection to re-create this look was Time Well Spent, the Level 3 hostess set that will retire next month.


I stamped everything but the small flowers in creamy caramel ink on whisper white card stock. The small flowers were stamped in chocolate Chip ink. After I stamped the images I colored them in using stampin' write markers in tempting turquoise, take with teal, creamy caramel, chocolate chip, ruby red and only orange. To finish the card I simply added a tempting turquoise mat and attached the stamped image to a chocolate chip base. That's all there was to it. I didn't even use any punches or accessories!

Even though it's not my usual style, I really like how closely this card resembles the shirt and how far it took me out of my comfort zone. And I love this color combination and how I probably never would have put it together myself.

I found lots of other fun stuff at Ann Taylor loft, so there will be more "inspired by" cards on the blog in the coming days. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diane: I think you did an awesome job recreating the design from the tee. I love the idea and the results. Thanks for all your inspiration! Hugs, Mary R. (SCS #1volunteer)