Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This is Flippin' Fun!

I sure hope you aren't tired of seeing flip books, because I love making them and I have to make a bunch for the June Hostess Appreciation Pajamarama. Plus making a flip book will be one of the classes I'm teaching in June, so even non-hostesses could learn how to make them (thought they wold not get a free hostess appreciation flip book).

I decided that each attendant at the Pajamarama will receive a free flip book, and I will try to make them each different. To accomplish this I dug into my stash of decorative papers, to see what would go together well enough to allow me to create yet another unique book.

I decided my first book would be made with the double sided paper from this year's holiday mini. I really loved this paper, but found that I hoarded almost all of it, which would have been completely pointless except that by hoarding I made sure I have to create this project.

The project is not quite finished -- I still haven't decided whether to use a winter sentiment or not to use sentiments at all and just decorate it with a o photo, so in the end I decided to go sans decorations. I still like the way it turned out, with the one corner of the designer paper turned up so both sides of the paper are visible.

I really had a blast making this book and can't wait which one of my hostesses will select this book as her hostess appreciation gift. I guess I just have to wait until the end of June to see.

Tomorrow I will go back to cards -- maybe even another challenge card. Talk to you then!



\




















3 comments:

Diane said...

Wow those books are flippin' nice!!
Love your work and TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE!!!! the flip book. Mad a really cool one out of black and white paper for my snow pictures. It was alot of fun.

Micky said...

This is just marvelous. Where and how did you learn how to do this?
Micky Lavinder
micky@mywdo.com