Sunday, May 13, 2007

First Two Challenge Cards


I'm so happy!

It's still Sunday and we already have one player. Rita beat me too it and already uploaded her card. And what a card -- she really went all out with an embossed background and fringed ribbon. Her card is totally awesome! Check out her card on her blog and show her some love by leaving a comment! Here is the link: http://ritasstampart.blogspot.com/2007/05/dianes-sunday-challenge.html

Thanks for playing Rita! I know this is a challenging color combo, but I think once you put it together it works. And you did a great job with it!

As I mentioned, I still needed another Mother's Day card today, so I used the challenge to make one and here it is. I already gave it away to my sister-in-law's mom, but first I managed to snap a photo for the blog. I used stampin' pastels to create a multicolored background on the whisper white card stock. I then stamped the flowers from the petite patterns set in versamark on the tempting turquoise pieces. I colored the flowers with my Stampin' Write markers and threaded the ribbons through a hole made with the horizontal slot punch. I punched two overlapping holes to make the slot a little longer to fit all the ribbons. I also used just a little orchid opulence stampin, pastels to edge the main image card stock. I'm happy with the results -- what do you think?

No comments: