Sunday, May 27, 2007

A day without blogging



I didn't post yesterday -- did you miss me? LOL! It was such a busy day, filled with errands during the day and a cookout with friends at night which turned into a very late night indeed! We did not get home until 2:00 a.m. and I was just plain too tired to post.

I did stamp a bit yesterday, though it was a far from pleasant task. As you can see in this picture, I was stamping a sympathy card. A Stampin' Up! demonstrator I knew from an on-line forum passed away suddenly Thursday night, so I created this card to send to her family.

I don't know about you, but Sympathy cards are the hardest for me to make, and they are never an original design because that particular occasion does not inspire any creativity in me. For this card I copied a layout from the "Remembering You" simply sent kit. I used the Both Way Blossoms hostess set for the main image and the Warmest Regards hostess set for the sentiment. I know many other demonstrators are sending cards to the family as well, and I hope knowing how much we all cared about her, despite never actually meeting her in person, brings them some comfort.

No comments: