Monday, October 6, 2008

small gift box

This Wednesday I'm going to teach a class at the Itasca Community Library on making various party favor and treat boxes. The first three boxes will be pretty familiar -- a triangle box, a sour cream container and a 2-4-6-8 box -- but for the fourth and final box I wanted to do something a little different, so I created this one sheet box.
It's called a one sheet box because you can make it from one sheet of 11x8.5" paper. The top is hinged open and can either be held securely closed via a tied ribbon or through a more non-conventional method.

The box we'll be making at class is this Thanksgiving themed box. I used old olive card stock, the With Gratitude stamp set, and chocolate chip, pumpkin pie pie, old olive, ruby red, more mustard inks. In this side view you can tell how the lid of the box ties behind the stamped fall image.


This is what the prototype looked like. I liked the red box so much I decorated it with some retired designer paper and for decoration added a simple set from the punches three level 1 hostess set.

And this is what the red box would look like open. I'm still trying to figure out what would be the perfect thing to put into a box like this. Maybe some cocoa packets or tea bags or coffee packs or maybe some yummy cookies? If you get some great ideas let me know!


Now, based on your response to the peppermint patty box, I'm guessing you will want the template for this box (I apologise for the peppermint patty box --as soon as I get some free time I will post the template for that box as well). Luckily I promised all the class attendees templates for the boxes, so I had to put one together, and here it is. Have fun!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Is the box big enough for standard cards? That's what I would put in there.

OR maybe I'll make one and put candies in it on my desk! :)

thanks for sharing!
Liz

Val said...

What an awesome box. I love the leaf stamps that you used on the first box. Thank you for the template too!