Friday, June 13, 2008

One More For Good Measure -- Wild Rose Kit

I know all month long I've been talking about the 6 set-specific kits that have now all been posted here, but while I was cleaning up my stamp room last night I came across my Wild Rose set and thought it, too, would make a pretty cool kit. Well, seven is a lucky number, so I decided to add one more kit to this month's bunch!

The Wild Rose kit will also feature two card designs using only the coordinating stamp set plus some accessories and two colors of ink. I know it looks like I used at least 4 different ink colors, but that's not the case. Instead, I used the stamping off technique with both my blue bayou and wild wasabi inks to achieve the two-tone effect.

This stamp set is such a gorgeous two-step stamping set ad makes such lovely and lush cards! But I have this bad feeling that we'll see it's name appear on the retirement list this Sunday. I hope I'm wrong, but it not then you really should add it to your collection before it's gone. There's just nothing like it for making absolutely beautiful and elegant rose cards.

The Wild Rose card kit will include all pre-cut card stock, ribbon, mini glue dots, envelopes and step-by step instructions to make 4 cards (2 each of both designs). The kit will not include the wild wasabi and blue bayou classic ink, adhesive or the Wild Rose stamp set. To make these cards you will also need paper snips or other scissors as you will have to cut out some images for the large rose card. A stamp-a-ma-jig is the perfect tool to achieve perfect 2 step stamping alignment with this set, but I did not use it to make the sample cards and as long as you have a fairly steady hand and mount your images well you should be able to make the cards without it.


This kit will be available through the end of June at the special price of only $5.00 with the purchase of the Wild Rose stamp set (regular shipping and tax will apply to the purchase of the stamp set). There is a limit of 1 specially priced kit per Wild Rose stamp set purchased. The cost without the purchase of the coordinating stamp set will be $10.00 per kit, plus shipping.

As I mentioned previously, 1 design from each kit will be featured at my eScape stamp camp on June 25. I know this stamp camp was originally only going to feature 6 cards, but I didn't want to break the kit tradition so since there is an extra kit this month there will be an extra card at the stamp camp as well. The Wild Rose card featured at the stamp camp will be the second card (with the three rose buds).

2 comments:

Jules said...

Very pretty cards! Love the one with the big roses very nicely done. TFS!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful - we will definitely miss Wild Rose, won't we?