Thursday, June 19, 2008

zebra fun


And here it is -- the fringed zebra! Thanks to Kathy for sharing this awesome idea! For this card I stamped the zebra from zoofari in basic black on whisper white card stock. I then used my stamping write pumpkin pie marker to color in the stripes and to dye some black gingham ribbon. I trimmed off a piece of the ribbon and made the fringe for the zebra mane. I used the threads I pulled off to make the zebra's tail -- pretty cool, huh? No waste! Then, just for good measure, I wrapped a piece o the dyed gingham around the whisper white card stock between the zebra image and the happy birthday sentiment from Eat Cake (can you believe the Eat Cake is retiring? How sad!)

The rest of the card was pretty easy. I added a bashful blue mat to the image and a tab of the wide striped ribbon from a ribbon originals collection and a couple of black brads. I took a brilliant blue card base and added a strip of jersey shore designer series paper. Then I attached the main image to the card with a couple of dimensionals. Once again a cute kid card that can be put together pretty quickly yet is still unique. Fun!

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Oh, this turned out so cute! I'm going to have to look at my animal stamps to see what I can do.

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love that tail - what a great idea!